The Odisha government has established a welfare programme for truck drivers and other workers, under which, in the event of an accident, their surviving family members will be given an ex-gratia payment of Rs. 4 lakhs. On Monday, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had given his approval for the establishment of a welfare board to administer the initiative. With their financial struggles, the benefactor and his family will benefit from this. Applications for the Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme may be submitted online and offline. Read below to check the detailed information related to this scheme: Highlights, Objectives, Features, Assistance Amount allotted, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Register for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana, and more.
Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
The Government of Odisha has introduced the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme to offer incentives to the operators and staff of the state’s motor vehicles. The state government would, under this programme, provide financial help to motor vehicle drivers or state employees who are killed in a traffic accident or if they are injured as a result of an accident. The Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme allows eligible citizens to get medical care at a reputable facility if they are hurt in a motor vehicle accident. This benefit is solely offered to citizens. By receiving the benefits of this programme, all qualified citizens will become independent and powerful.
Highlights of Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
|Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana
|Government of Odisha
|Odisha State Drivers and Employees
|To assist road accident victims
Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana Objective 2024
The major goal of the Odisha Motor Vehicle Drivers and Employees Welfare Scheme is to help victims of traffic accidents financially. The state government will offer financial support through this plan to workers or drivers hurt in auto accidents. By receiving the benefits of this scheme, all the state’s beneficiaries will gain financial independence and self-sufficiency, helping to lower the state’s death rate.
Benefits of Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
Some of the key benefits of this Yojana are as follows:
- The Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme was created by the state government to provide financial security for employees and drivers.
- The Motor Vehicle Drivers and Workers Welfare Scheme provides financial assistance to the recipients in the event of a fatality, multiple injuries, a permanent disability, or a natural death.
- Utilising the Motor Vehicle Welfare Scheme would improve the applicant’s financial status.
- The Motor Vehicle Drivers and Employees Welfare Scheme would provide insurance for both employees and their families.
- Every motorist and employee of the Motor Vehicles Department of Odisha will now be protected by life insurance.
- This strategy has been used all around the state.
- The programme will benefit almost 5 lakh drivers and staff of motor vehicles.
Features of Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
Some of the key features of the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana are as follows:
- Supporting those hurt in automobile accidents financially
- Making strong, independent, and capable receivers
- The applicant’s bank account gets credited with the aid payment.
- Improving the condition of workers and drivers
Assistance Amount for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
The welfare programme would benefit nearly 5 lakh motor vehicle operators who work as drivers and labourers. A payment of Rs 80,000 is made in the event of serious injury. The state government would first provide financial support to the welfare board so that it could run the programme. The registration fee and owner donations will be used by the board to organise resources later. In the event of a natural death, the programme offers Rs 2 lakh to the surviving family of drivers and staff. In the event of a permanent disability, any motor vehicle operator or employee is also eligible to receive financial assistance in the sum of Rs. 1.5 lakh.
|Death in a road accident
|4 lakh rupees
|In case of injury
|In case of permanent disability
|Rs 1.5 lakh
|At natural death
|Rs 2 lakh
Applicants applying for this scheme must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
- The program’s advantages will be available to both employees and drivers of motor vehicles.
- Aadhaar and the applicant’s bank account must be linked.
Some of the important documents required for the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana are as follows:
- Passport size photo
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile number
- ID card of Odisha Motor Vehicles Department
- Doctor’s prescription (in case of injury)
- Bank Account Details
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Death Certificate (if applicable)
Steps to Register for Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana 2024
The Government of Odisha has recently introduced the Odisha Motor Vehicle Welfare Yojana. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.