Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana: Devendra Fadnavis, the deputy chief minister and finance minister, revealed the MAGY program in his March budget. With the help of the Maharashtra Modi Awas Gharkul, the state government will build houses for needy Other Backward Class (OBC) category members. The committee charged with implementing the housing program in the rural areas will be led by the district council’s chief executive officer. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana like Highlights, Objectives, Features & Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedures, and much more.
Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana 2024
To accommodate the candidates excluded from the PM Awas Yojana (PMAY), the MAGY has been established. The applicants from the SC or ST categories whom PMAY does not cover have access to other housing programs within their departments. There was no such help for OBCs excluded from PMAY. Such applicants are taken care of by the MAGY announced by the deputy CM, according to a housing department representative. The state has also set aside 50,000 for landless beneficiaries to buy land. To make the building affordable, the applicants can get an additional 12,000 rupees for the toilet construction under the Swachh Bharat Yojana and personnel costs under the employment guarantee scheme (EGS).
Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana Key Highlights
|Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana
|Government of Maharashtra
|Devendra Fadnavis, the deputy chief minister and finance minister
|OBC Category People will be given a constructed home
|Other Backward Class (OBC) Community
|Will be launched soon
Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana Objective
The program aims to build three lakh residences by March 2024 and is available to rural beneficiaries with an annual income of less than 1.20 lakh rupees. Three lakh more homes will be built in the following year, 2024–2025, and four lakh homes will be built in the following year. The state government has chosen to fund the program with expenditures of 3,600 each for the first two years and 4,800 crore in the third year.
Features & Benefits of Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana 2024
Some of the key features and benefits of the MAGY are as follows:
- Sh. Devendra Fadnavis, the finance minister of Maharashtra, announced the launch of a groundbreaking housing program in Maharashtra named the MAGY in the budget announcement for 2023–2024.
- Under the Maharashtra Modi Awas Gharkul, the Maharashtra government would give needy members of the Other Backward Class (OBC) category a built-in home.
- To give a quality home to those in need in Maharashtra is the primary goal of the MAGY.
- The Maharashtra government will construct 10 lakh homes over three years.
- The year 2023–2024 will see the construction of 3 lakh homes.
- The MAGY is expected to cost roughly Rs. 12,000 crore
Eligibility Criteria For MAGY
The applicants applying for MAGY must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a Maharashtra Permanent Resident.
- The applicant shouldn’t own a home of his own.
- The applicant must fall under the OBC category.
- The applicant cannot be a recipient of another housing program run by the Maharashtra or Central governments.
Some of the important documents required for MAGY are as follows:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Mobile Number
- Residence Proof of Maharashtra
- OBC Certificate
- Income Certificate
Application Process for Modi Awas Gharkul Yojana 2024
The Government of Maharashtra has recently introduced the MAGY yojana. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will update this post as soon as there is a fresh update on this plan.