Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme:- The release of Magalir Urimai Thogai scheme is planned on September 15, the anniversary of the birth of former chief minister C N Annadurai.The Tamil Nadu state government is working hard to improve the state and carry out a variety of welfare programs for the livelihood of farmers, women, and children. The chief minister of Tamil Nadu announced a number of government initiatives this year, which were included in the budget for the fiscal year 2023–2024. Read the article below to know more about Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme including Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Apply and much more.
Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme 2024
Tamil Nadu government announced that the administration would launch a financial assistance programme for state women in the budget year 2023-2024. Thanks to the recently implemented Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme, nearly 1 million women in Tamil Nadu would gain access to the State Government’s Universal Basic Income Programme. The Tamil Nadu government has allocated Rs. 7000 Crore to the programme, which would offer assistance of Rs. 1000 per month. Online and offline registration for the Scheme will start on September 15, 2023, the birthdate of the late Chief Minister C.N. Annadurai.
Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme Details in Highlights
|Name of the scheme||Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme|
|Launched by||CM MK Stalin|
|Beneficiaries||Women of Tamil Nadu|
Objectives of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
The program’s main objective is to deposit government financial aid funds into women’s bank accounts, so reducing their dependence on others for family needs.Since government started handing out applications for the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai scheme in the Dharmapuri district on July 24, 36 lakh applications have been received across Tamil Nadu in the previous three days. By Wednesday at 6 p.m., approximately 36,06,974 applications had been submitted over the course of the three days, and 34,350 volunteers had assisted with registration. The second round of registration, which is scheduled to occur between August 5 and August 16, will hold 14,825 ration store registration camps. Applications and tokens will start to be handed out about four days prior to the start of these camps.
Features of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
To evaluate how the programme had been carried out, a virtual conference took place on Wednesday with all District Collectors from the Secretariat.
The monthly aid programme for women known as Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam will be administered by the Greater Chennai Corporation through two phases of camp organisation. In 98 wards, the first phase will run from July 24 to August 4. The second round will encompass 102 wards and take place from August 5 through August 16. The programme will be unveiled by the Tamil Nadu government on September 15. PDS shop staff members would visit homes and distribute registration forms and tokens that contained information about the camps’ dates and locations.
Advantages of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Candidates are advised not to rush to the camps and are informed that police had received training in gathering biometric information. The camp is open from 9.30 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5.30 pm every day, except on Sundays. There will be 703 persons working at the assistance centres near these camps. 2,607 volunteers will also assist the staff. To make sure the camps run smoothly, 3,473 people—including government workers and volunteers—will be required. Radhakrishnan asserted that all PDS staff members were receiving training to ensure efficient operation.
Benefits of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Following are the benefits of the scheme.
- Giving a monthly monetary assistance to the state’s women
- Motivating recipients to use the programme
- To make efforts to raise the level of living for women
- To liberate and enlighten deserving women
- The state would provide financial help to the women who are the female heads of the family through this programme.
- This money will be quickly put into the bank accounts of the eligible beneficiary women.
- An amount of Rs. 1000 will be distributed as part of the project.
- The ladies of the state will become financially powerful by utilising the benefits of the scheme.
- The larger LPG gas cylinders will be easier to afford thanks to this programme.
- Submissions for the scheme may be made online or offline.
- The programme will be made available to all eligible beneficiaries by being made available across the state.
Eligibility Criteria for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
Following are the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- Beneficiaries Must Be Permanent Residents of Tamil Nadu.
- The aged, the disabled, widows, and single women will all be covered, among other groups.
- Only female household leaders will be given the funds.
- Women who are currently employed by the central or state governments will not receive any advantages from this programme.
Documents Required to Apply
Following are the documents needed to apply for the scheme.
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Domicile Certificate of Tamil Nadu
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account
- Ration Card
- Self Declaration
- Family Details
- Death Certificate of Husband (in case of Widow)
Application Process of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme 2024
Following is the application process for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme.
- Visit the official website, https://www.tn.gov.in
- The website’s home page will appear on the screen.
- Select the Apply Online button.
- When you click the link, a screen with an application form will appear.
- Now, complete the form with all the necessary information, such as your name, email address, mobile number, and address.
- then upload all necessary paperwork.
- To finish the application procedure, click the Submit button.
For further assistance contact the control room helpline at 044-25619208, the WhatsApp assistance line at (944) 5477205.