Assam Orunodoi Scheme was launched by the health minister of Assam, Mr. Himanta Biswa Sharma, on 12 August 2020. The registration process of this scheme began on 17 August 2020, and the eligible beneficiaries were selected on 2 October 2020. The main motive of the scheme is that the government of Assam has allocated a budget of 2800 crores which is expected to benefit 17 lakh families in the state. This scheme ensures to provide financial assistance to the families of the state whose yearly income is less than 2 lakh, and they will receive an amount of rupees 830 per month. This scheme was mainly designed to empower women from low-income families and provide them with financial independence.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2024
This Scheme was launched to provide financial assistance to women to make them independent and to empower them. The Government of Assam has taken an initiative where they made a budget of 2800 crores which is expected to help and benefit 17 lakh families in Assam. The scheme includes eligibility criteria for applying for this scheme, if you are interested then continue to read this article for exact information.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2.0 Launched
The updated version of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme ensures paying almost 4,000 crore for the improved version of this scheme to reduce the difficulties of poor people. This will also include an extra 10 lakh members. This scheme was launched in 2020 to encourage women of poor families and make them financially independent. This scheme helped almost 17 lakh people. All the application forms have been gathered and uploaded to the authorized portal by February 28. Older males living in nursing facilities may also be included in Orunodoi 2.0. and for more details, you can visit the official website assam.gov.in
Assam Arunodoi Scheme Key Highlights
|Assam Orunodoi Scheme
|2nd October 2020
|Government of Assam
|Finance Department of Assam
|To provide financial help to poor people
Benefits and Features of Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2024
- The scheme will allow women to be financially independent.
- The Assam Orunodoi Scheme aims to implement various services in Assam.
- Beneficiaries of this scheme will take different types of benefits.
- The primary goal of this scheme is to provide financial stability to families to provide them with a better life.
- The scheme ensures to eliminate the financial difficulties of poor families.
Orunodoi Scheme Subsidy Amount
|Amount (in rupees)
|50% subsidy on 4kg pulses
|50% subsidy on 4kg sugar
|Fruits and vegetables
Priority Beneficiary of Scheme
|Windows, Divorced females, unmarried females and separated females
|Specially abled members of the household
|Windows, Divorced females, unmarried females, and separated females
|Other households not meeting the specified criteria
|Not eligible for the mentioned subsidies
Not Eligible Beneficiary
|Not eligible for the scheme
|Families who own 15 Bighas of land, four-wheelers, refrigerators, tractors, or income above 2 lakh per year
|Families owning a washing machine or AC
|Households without any females
|Former and current members of parliament / legislative assembly
Implementation Structure of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
- The finance department of the government of Assam will watch the Scheme.
- The commissioner and the secretary of the finance department will supervise the implementation of the scheme.
- The finance department of Assam will act as the state-level nodal agency for implementing the scheme.
- The deputy commissioner will oversee the implementation of the strategy at the district level.
- The government will establish district-level monitoring committees.
- Orunodoi Sahayaks will be appointed in each district to assist applicants. They will receive a fixed monthly pay of rs 15,000.
- Shayaks will be appointed for two months.
The Assam Orunodoi Scheme is a government program in the Indian state of Assam that gives money to families who qualify for help. The rules for who can get this money might change, so it’s important to look at the latest information from the Assam government. The eligibility criteria for the Assam Orunodoi Scheme may vary over time, so it’s essential to check the latest guidelines and notifications from the Assam government. Below some applied criteria are given:
- Applicant should live in Assam.
- Your family’s yearly income can’t be too high.
- The money will go to women in the family.
- At least one person in your family needs to have passed the 10th grade in school.
- Nobody in your family can pay income tax.
- You need to have a bank account where the money can be sent.
- Aadhar Card
- Pan card
- Domicile of Assam
- Bank Account
- Bank Passbook
- 2 Copy Photos
- Mobile number
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Self-declaration form
- Identity Card
- Voter id card
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
Application Procedure of Assam Orunodoi Scheme
- Firstly you have to go to the official website of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme.
- Then, it would help if you looked for the “Application Form PDF“ option on the homepage.
- Download the form and fill it out with all the necessary information.
- Then, you have to attach the necessary documents to the form.
- Finally, submit your form to the right department.
If you require further assistance or have any inquiries regarding this Scheme, please get in touch with our technical support team. You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com. Our team will gladly address any issues or concerns you may have.