Aadhar Card:- Every nation has a different system to identify its people. In this sense, India is not any different. One such document that serves as an identity and residence verification for Indians is the Aadhaar Card. With the establishment of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in 2016, the Aadhaar program came into being. The UIDAI issues all Aadhar cards and gathers biometric and demographic information from cardholders to provide a more efficient and transparent process for distributing government subsidies and benefits to citizens. The government organization that issued it, UIDAI, has informed us that it cannot be used as proof of residency.
What is e-Aadhaar?
The electronic version of your Aadhar card, known as e-Aadhaar, can be used in place of a paper copy. It is available for download from the UIDAI website and is widely accepted. The eAadhaar is password-protected and stored in PDF format. A masked copy of your Aadhaar, which conceals your Aadhaar number, is another option available to you.
Information Present on Aadhar Card
An Aadhaar card carries the following information
- Date of birth/age
- EID- the enrolment number
- Iris scan (both eyes)
- Fingerprints (all ten)
How to Update Your Aadhar Card with Your Mobile Number
It is crucial to add your cellphone number to your Aadhar card since using Aadhaar services and updating or changing information on your card necessitates two-factor authentication, which involves sending an OTP to your registered mobile number. You will need to visit a Permanent Aadhaar Centre and fill out an application to add your mobile number to your card to add it. Seek assistance for updating your cellphone number in Aadhaar.
Where can I find Information About the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
The UIDAI website, which lists the current enrolment centers by state and city, provides applicants with information about Aadhaar Enrollment Centres and Permanent Enrollment Centres.
How to update Aadhaar details online?
You can update or correct your Aadhaar details online by visiting the UIDAI website if there are any issues with them or if you would like to change information after submitting your application. It is possible to update both biometric and demographic data. You may get a step-by-step tutorial online for updating your Aadhaar details.
What is mAadhaar?
The UIDAI has released mAadhaar, an Android smartphone application, to increase the accessibility of the Aadhaar card and its related services. The application facilitates accessibility while on the go and holds the user’s Aadhaar data in digital format. On their app, users may add up to three profiles and carry out a multitude of tasks like locking their biometrics and gaining access to their e-KYC for Aadhar.
Aadhaar Card Eligibility
The following are the requirements to be eligible for an Aadhaar card:
- The applicant is a citizen of India and currently resides there.
- The applicant resides in the nation as a Non-resident Indian (NRI).
- The candidate has held an OCI card for at least 182 days for the previous 12 months, a valid foreign passport, and proof of residency in India.
- With a foreign passport granted to minority groups (Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Parsis, and Christians) from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Pakistan, the applicant is an LTV holder.
- The candidate is a citizen of Bhutan or Nepal.
- more foreign residents who have lived in India over the past year for at least 182 days.
Indians’ Aadhaar Cards
Those who are Indian citizens can apply for Aadhaar. But to file your income tax returns, you must now link your Aadhaar and PAN by an official rule from the Indian government.
Minors’ Aadhaar Cards
Indian nationals under the age of eighteen or minors may also apply for an Aadhaar. Nonetheless, the child’s parents’ information, including evidence of identification and address, must be given. Newborns are eligible to apply for Aadhaar as well, but they must update their biometrics by the time they turn five or fifteen.
Documents Needed to Get an Aadhar Card
You need to bring a certain set of documents with you while applying for an Aadhaar card. Generally speaking, you will need to submit proof of identity, proof of address, proof of age, and proof of relationship during the application process. A list of the documents you can submit for the enrollment procedure for each of these circumstances is mentioned below:
Proof of Identity
The following documents can be used as a proof of identity:
- NREGA job card
- Kissan photo passbook
- Pensioners’ photo ID card
- Ration card
- ECHS/CGHS photo card
- Voter ID Card
- Photo ID cards issued by the government
- Address card containing name and picture issued by the Department of Posts
- PAN card
Proof of Address
The following documents can be used as a proof of address:
- Bank statement
- Signed letter that has a photo from the bank on a letterhead
- Government photo ID cards or PSU-issued service photo identity card
- Address card with a photo issued by the Department of Posts
- Signed letter with photo and issued by a recognised educational institution on a letterhead
- Property tax receipt (must not be older than a year)
- Gas connection bill (must not be older than three months)
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Ration card
Proof of Age
The following documents can be used as a proof of age:
- PAN card
- Mark sheet issued by government university or board
- SSC certificate
- State/central pension payment order
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of date of birth and issued by group a gazetted officer on a letterhead
Proof of Relationship
The following documents can be used as a proof of relationship with the head of the family:
- PDS card
- Family entitlement document that is issued by central/state government
- Job card of MNREGA
- Birth certificate issued by Registrar of Birth or municipal corporation or local government
How Can I Sign Up for an Aadhar Card?
Any authorized Aadhaar Enrollment Centre or Permanent Enrollment Centre can be visited to complete the Aadhaar application procedure. The UIDAI website has an up-to-date list of all Aadhaar Enrollment Centres.
The UIDAI has also granted permission for more than 10,000 post offices and bank branches to function as Permanent Enrollment Centres, intending to streamline the enrollment procedure.
To finish the enrollment process, candidates can adhere to the steps outlined below:
- Find the closest center for Aadhaar enrollment.
- Complete the application and send in the necessary files.
- Finish the biometric process and get the acknowledgment.
Verify the Online Status of Your Aadhar Application
The Official UIDAI Website allows applicants to check the progress of their Aadhaar application. Your enrolment ID, which is located on the acknowledgment paper you receive after submitting your application, must be mentioned.
Minors’ Aadhaar/Baal Aadhaar
The procedure is outlined below for candidates who are minors and under the age of five:
At the time of enrollment, the parents’ biometric information will be recorded. The child will need to attend a center to update his or her biometric information when they are 15 years old.
When submitting the application and supporting documentation at the enrollment center, parents’ Aadhaar must be presented.
How to Print or Download Your Aadhar Card
To enhance accessibility to the Aadhaar, the UIDAI has set up electronic storage and retrieval of Aadhaar details. This card, sometimes referred to as the e-Aadhaar, can be downloaded in PDF format from the UIDAI website.
The following methods can be used to access the e-Aadhaar via the official UIDAI website:
- With Aadhaar number.
- With Virtual ID (VID).
- With Enrolment ID (EID).
Verification of Aadhar Card
The process to validate your Aadhar card is as follows:
- Go to the UIDAI’s official website
- Navigate to the “My Aadhaar” area.
- Select “Aadhaar Number Verification.” You can find the choice in the “Aadhaar Services” section.
- Enter the captcha and Aadhaar number.
- Select “Continue and Confirm Aadhaar.”
- To finish the procedure, according to the instructions on the next page.
- In case there is a mismatch in the details, you can contact UIDAI by calling the toll-free number 1947.
How much does the Aadhar PVC Card cost?
The cost of the Aadhaar PVC Card is Rs. 50.
What data does the QR code for e-Aadhar contain?
The cardholder’s demographic information, including name, date of birth, photo, gender (if applicable), and Masked Aadhaar number, is contained in the Aadhaar QR code.
For what duration is an Aadhar card valid?
The Aadhaar card has unlimited validity.
How many Aadhaar cards are possible to associate with a single mobile number?
The quantity of Aadhaar cards that can be connected to a mobile phone is unlimited.